– We have high expectations that most of the islands of a certain size in Europe will receive their rating. We know that Mallorca, Gran Canaria and the Greek islands are important for those who make a living from selling popular destinations and overseas trips, says Astrid Bergmal from Virke Raiselle to the NDP.
Patrice Riviera, communications manager at the travel company Apollo, relies primarily on the Greek islands.
– Greece Crete and Rhodes are clearly the most popular holiday destinations this summer. The majority of Norwegians will travel this year, so we hope to have a separate rating for these islands. We hope the Canary Islands will also be considered as Norway’s favorites in late autumn and winter, he tells the NDP.
Nora Aspengren, TUI’s communications manager, wants authorities to assess the islands in Spain and Greece.
– Naturally we want Norway’s Greek and Spanish holiday favorites to be included in the rating, he tells NTB.
It is not clear which islands
The news came about the island’s ratings Government Press Conference Friday, but it is not yet clear which islands will be assessed by the National Institutes of Health (NIPH) by the end of next week.
Helena Naimi, a doctor in the field of infection control and emergency preparation at the FHI, writes in an email to the NTP that any archipelagos will be appointed by the ministry to evaluate them.
– The Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the Ministry of Health and Care Services which ECTC reports on which archipelagos should be considered as separate regions, whether there are normal or current direct flights from Norway, writes Eid.
Included in travel maps from next week
The islands will be evaluated in the same way as the EEA / Schengen and other countries in the United Kingdom and Eide states.
From July 5, the gateway to what is a green country will change, with entry quarters released when you return home from the EEA / Schengen and the United Kingdom with less than 50 epidemics per 100,000 people in the last two weeks. Less than 4 percent of all corona tests should be negative.
The figures that the FHI considers when drawing the infection map are from D European Institute for Infectious Disease Control (ECTC). They report at the regional level. Related Areas include the Canary Islands in Spain (including Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Lanzarote), the Balearic Islands (including Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza), the Azores and Madeira in Portugal, the Sicilian archipelago in Sicily, Sacramento, Greece, Italy , Including Corbu and Rhodes.
Island selection will be ready soon
Foreign Ministry Communications Adviser Siri R. Sventson says it will be announced in more detail on July 5 which islands will be assessed.
– We also consider the possibility of flying directly to islands and archipelagos and Norway associated with existing or planned routes. In this context, we have asked for direct directions from the Department of Tourism and Avinori, says Sventson.
Stopping in a red country will trigger an isolated duty on return to Norway.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hopes that this archipelago assessment will facilitate any safe travel to the islands, which are popular destinations for the Norwegian people.
– We hope this will help Norwegians make better and more informed choices about their own safety while traveling, Schwendsen says.
Expect as many islands as possible
Own assessments of the epidemic situation on popular holiday islands are something the tourism industry has long wanted.
– This is an important turning point for us. Doing regional assessments and island assessments is one of our inputs. This is an incredible amount for everyone who sells overseas trips, says Astrid Bergmal of Virke Raisley, who has had to restart after canceling all trips since March last year.
Among other things, Virke has reported to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where there are direct routes for members of the organization.
– Now our expectation is that there will be estimates of as many islands as possible. It is very important to get estimates of the islands that many Norwegians want to travel to, he adds.
– Less impact
When the islands receive a separate rating, they are less likely to turn into red areas. In Mallorca, if the infection breaks out in Madrid it does not affect the color. In addition, some countries, such as Greece, have chosen to prioritize vaccinating people for popular holiday destinations.
– When you have a strategy like this, while the islands receive their epidemiological estimates, the probability of infection rates being low is high. This is good news for those who want to travel on holiday, for example to the Greek islands, as it gives a high prognosis, says Bergmal, who believes it will be a wintery for many when they choose to travel to the Canary Islands.
According to the ECDCs Infection map , Which will be updated every Thursday, the island is now considered green by EU standards:
* Spain: Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentora)
* Portugal: Madeira
* Italy: Sardinia
* Greece: Northern in the Aegean (northern Aegean) Places: Samos, Igaria, Sioux, Sarah, Inosus, Lesvos, Lemnos, Achios Extracios, Tasos and Zamotragi
* France: Corsica