Summer vacations were never planned for Edel Sicily Handland, who lives in Denmark. At the 28th week she and her husband were going on vacation with four children when they were originally scheduled to travel to the Norwegian family in Handiland, but the trip had to be canceled due to Corona.
The family chose to rent a holiday home in Denmark, as did many Danes.
– It’s a big, beautiful summer house with a logo. It was so beautiful in the pictures, everything seemed to be new, Handland says to it Grab the Danish newspaper.
Boxing shorts and used condoms
The price for five nights including cleaning is just 12,000 Danish kroner.
The family was willing to pay to rest together for a short week, but when they arrived at the holiday home it was a completely different scene to meet them.
– This is so disgusting. Handland told the newspaper that he had never seen anything like it.
He adds that the cushions stood outside the windows and that boxing shorts, shoes, a snuff and used condoms were on the floor.
Dagbladet has obtained permission to recreate Handland’s own photos from home.
BT also writes, Marylist, the area where the holiday home is located, is a well-known banquet venue for young dancers.
The day before the family played “Horror House” England European Championship final against Italy. Not sure if that match was followed at home, but according to Handland it has gone wild.
– There are those who have lost their virginity, she believes.
There was a large blood stain in one of the holes in the hut, which is also documented in a picture.
– Washed for three hours
The midwife immediately contacted Novasol, the company that rented the house.
– They sent a serviceman, but could do nothing but remove the condom and bloody mattresses he had used. They said they would send a cleaning aid the next day, but I told them it was not enough. We don’t know what to do that night, Handland says.
She says the family has repeatedly tried to contact the landlord, but to no avail. Thus, she cleaned herself.
– Before we decided on a good vacation anyway, I washed for three hours, she says.
– It’s not about the money
After the holidays, Handland would have sent photos to Novasol. The result was a ten percent discount and the government’s promise of free, but the family should have received only 1,700 Danish kroner.
– It’s not about the money, but the way we are treated. They could have at least apologized to us.
Novasol would not comment on the case, but wrote in an email to the newspaper that mistakes could be made.
– We regret that one of our guests did not have a good experience with us. We work all the time to ensure that our guests are satisfied, and our goal is to celebrate a good holiday for everyone with Novasol.