It writes Reuters.
Biden is under great pressure after the United States withdrew from Afghanistan. Many critics have assassinated Biden’s strategy and leadership, while some have called for his resignation.
The suicide bomber who killed more than 170 innocent civilians and 13 American soldiers at a military airport in Kabul will forever be etched in the history books.
The humiliation of the United States and the panic-stricken evacuation after the Taliban overthrew government forces sent shock waves around the world after almost 20 years of war.
New information about the game behind the scenes is now continuing before the victory of the Taliban is real.
– The struggle against the Taliban is not going well
According to Reuters, Biden will hold talks with former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on July 23. The content of this conversation has now been leaked.
One of Biden’s key messages is said to be the attitude towards the Taliban. According to the leak, the US president spoke passionately about the need to change the world view of how to continue the fight against the Taliban.
“I don’t know if you know it, but the fight against the Taliban is not going well in the world and in some parts of Afghanistan,” Biden said in a telephone conversation.
– You definitely have the best army
The US president is said to have promised Gani that he would have a large military presence in the face of the Taliban insurgency.
– You definitely have the best army. You have 300,000 well-armed forces against 70-80,000, they are clearly capable of fighting well. We will continue to provide air support if you know what the plan is and what we are doing. Until the end of August, who knows what will happen after that, Biden said.
– Apparently the welfare of the Afghan people
The news agency Reuters reportedly monitored the conversation through an anonymous source. According to the footage, Biden is urging the defense minister and former president to develop a new strategy for the fight against the Taliban.
Biden is said to have promised US assistance if Ashraf Ghani agrees to change his view on the Taliban.
– It is in the interest of the people of Afghanistan that you succeed and lead the country. “Your government will not only survive, but continue to grow, and we will continue to fight hard, diplomatically, politically and economically,” Biden said.
Three weeks later, Kabul was captured by the Taliban. Ghani left Afghanistan in disgrace when he realized the war had failed. Back in Kabul, tens of thousands of loyal servants were left to defend themselves.