Sorting now discusses a secret report with secret ballot, secret results and secret minutes, secret report and secret plans.
When Sporting considers the open part of the recommendation in the Fordberg case on Monday morning, Labor and the Socialist People’s Party will put forward a plan to criticize the former defense minister.
But Freddie Andre Oostegart (SV) could not say what was the basis for raising strong criticism from both sides against Ericsson Cerite because the case was otherwise secretive.
– I can only say that we believe there are very reprehensible conditions in this matter, says Estestard to VG on Monday morning.
– But it is important that we can promote open criticism in Sorting when considering the need for Sorting. Secrecy does not prevent criticism from coming out, he adds.
On Monday morning, Storting will first consider the confidential part of the recommendation and then the open part.
Rhode announced on Monday that they support the Labor and Socialist People’s Party proposals, but it still does not have a majority.
Spokesman, former FRP representative Ulf Learstein (independent) writes an SMS saying VG wants to reject SV and Labor’s proposal because he “considers the plan completely unreasonable”.
Rhode announced his support for the plan on Monday, but it still does not have a majority.
The report of the EOS Committee has been kept completely confidential. But as Fraudberg himself told VG, The EOS team strongly criticizes the e-service in this case.
– What is happening now is a historic step backwards for the democratic control of the secret services in Norway, says Bjனர்rn Moxnos, leader of the Road.
Open recommendation of the Sorting Control Panel (EOS Group) for Intelligence, Surveillance and Security Services on Monday The Fraudberg case.
At the same time, the report itself is kept secret. There will also be a summary from the EOS team, although both the team and a special team at Sorting have downgraded it and demanded that it be shared with the public.
But both the Ministry of Defense and the bourgeois majority in Sorting are looking back Said no.
That is why all this is a secret:
- Meeting time
- Venue of the meeting
It inspires Labor, SV, Center Party, MDG and Road politicians.
VG asked how many delegates knew of the secret Fraud Berg report from the EOS team by reading the case documents in a dormitory room. The public is not allowed to know on the basis that the information is subject to the body and is excluded from public access.
Appointed by Frode Berg is here
– To protect the government
– I think this is to avoid being held accountable for a corruption, and Moxnes says it is more for convenience than national security.
This is the view of Labor politician Doug Derje Anderson, who heads both the control and constitutional committee and the special committee on the matter at Sporting.
Members of the latter group have seen both the report and the summary.
– My assessment is that protecting the government is more important than protecting important security policy information. I feel the secrecy of the abstract is the first and foremost political convenience, Anderson says.
However, he believes it is important for the public to see:
– What is important in the open approach is that the overall team gives its full support to the decision of the EOS team.
Anderson insists he cannot say for sure whether this includes criticism.
Q: – Exciting
Central Party Parliamentary Speaker Marit Ernstot believes the case is very unfortunate. In 1996, when the EOS team was established, he sat in Sorting.
– EOS Committee is our own control system, they rarely ask for anything. When they make a request to publish a summary, we do not dare to do so. The very narrow majority chooses to force through a secret, Arnstad VG.
A: It does not harm the country
Freddie Øvstegård (SV) is disappointed with the secret. He sits on the special committee that saw the report and the summary.
– Absolutely unnecessary strict secrecy in this case makes it difficult for Sorting to control the secret services. It is obvious that it is for convenience, not for security, he said VG.
– What do you say for convenience?
– I can not say more than this, because in this case everything is classified and ambiguous. But I believe the EOS team is right that it could have been released without harming the country.
Red leader Moxnus says the secret can prevent the necessary cleaning.
– The main thing is that we do not have an open discussion about who is responsible for this corruption and what one achieves by putting a lid on it. In any case, we do not believe that Norway would be safe if a scandal hit the carpet and that those responsible did not receive criticism.
MDG: A little fogging
MDG Vice President Arilt Hermstadt hopes to publish the summary for the benefit of Frodberg and the public.
– We believe that this can be done in a way that does not harm the secret services, because none of us are interested in it.
– Then why did the government and the bourgeoisie disagree?
– Hard to say. I have not read the report, so I can not say anything about it. But keeping this a secret would be useful to them. We hope they will open this because we value the case. There is a lot of fogging around secret services, and there should be, but not much unnecessarily.
Buckeye-Jensen: – A contradiction
Defense Secretary Frank Buckeye-Jensen (H) responded by email to VG via the Ministry of Defense press.
He insists that both the report and the summary of the EOS team are confidential.
– This means that if information is leaked to unauthorized persons, it will cause serious harm to national security interests, he writes.
– In this case the segregation is related to the fact that we as Norwegian authorities do not confirm or deny whether certain intelligence activities are taking place or have taken place abroad.
Frodberg talks about the EOS report: E-service deceived by FSB
– Opposition politicians believe the secret protects the government, not Norway’s security. Is that right
– I understand the desire for transparency around the decisions of the EOS team. I record someone arguing that we cannot have open control with a secret service. This is a contradiction.
– Does secrecy on confidential services weaken trust?
– The fact that such things cannot be discussed in public does not mean that the power service is not restricted. The EOS Committee has full access to the necessary information and Sorting is being implemented to carry out a full parliamentary review of the panel’s assessments and decisions, while complying with the requirements of the Security Act, he writes.
Frodberg was imprisoned in Russia for 711 days. Here he finally returns home: